Tourist traffic arrangements
On this page you can find up-to-date information about tourist traffic arrangements in the centre of Helsinki, as well as bus stops and parking areas.
Traffic management by road service workers
Each year the City of Helsinki hires road service workers to direct tourist traffic in the most congested areas between May and September.
The Finnish Road Service Workers are responsible for traffic management during congested days at Senate Square and outside Temppeliaukio Church.
Bus stops and parking areas for tourist traffic in Helsinki
Tips for drivers by the Charter Bus Drivers’ Association:
- When parking outside tourist attractions, such as Senate Square and the Sibelius Monument, always move your bus forward as space becomes available to make room for the next buses.
- Park carefully so that you use as little space as possible.
- Follow the instructions and advice of the road service workers.
- When driving around Kaivopuisto Park, always drive from East to West, i.e. from the Olympic Terminal towards the West Terminal (Länsisatama), so that the sea is to your left when driving along Ehrenströmintie.
- Be patient and maintain a friendly attitude when driving in traffic.
- Stick to the time restrictions when parking.