Share

Helsinki tourism statistics

Visit Helsinki publishes a monthly statistical report on Helsinki tourism.

The report includes the latest statistical information published by Statistics Finland, the Finnish Maritime Administration and Finavia. Accommodation statistics have a two-month delay due to technical reasons.

A ten-year overview is available for the years 1990-2000.

Enquiries: tourist.media[at]hel.fi.

Market Report / December 2016

Registered bednights up 2 per cent

Helsinki Tourism Statistics 12/2016

In December 2016, 264,000 overnight stays were recorded in Helsinki, of which 122,500 were spent by domestic visitors and 142,100 nights by foreign visitors. Bednights spent by Finnish visitors were up 0,3 per cent from a year earlier, and those by foreign visitors were up 8 per cent.  In total, the bednights were up 2 per cent. In December 2016, the number of bednights in Finland was 1.52 million (+ 10 %), of which Finns accounted for 866,800 (+ 4 %) and foreign visitors for 652,400 (+ 18 %). Overnight stays by visitors from UK (the biggest foreign nationality this time) totalled for 184,900 (+25 %).

Previous statistics

2016

2015

2014

2000-2013

1990-2000