Vantaa is a modern and innovative city with a historical touch.
The city of Vantaa is located in the heart of metropolitan area within easy reach to Helsinki.
Vantaa offers lots to see and experience for both adults and children, weather one is keen on historical sites, science, shopping or pure entertainment. In the summer 2015 Vantaa is hosting the Finnish Housing Fair in the Kivistö neighborhood, which is situated by the new Ring Rail Line. The Housing fair offers a wide variety of houses, both private and apartment alike for visitors to see during July-August.
Vantaa is a paradise for shoppers with its wide and varied shopping malls and the largest entertainment complex Flamingo Leisure World with shopping mall Jumbo.
Moving around Vantaa is convenient by car, bus or train. We also have a good selection of hotels and accommodation to meet the needs for every traveller.
Top 5 events in 2016
- Vantaa City Festival, 15 May vantaa.fi
- Vantaa Cup, 30 Jun-3 Jul, International Youth Football Tournament www.vantaacup.fi/en
- European Championships Cadet European Judo Championships, 1-3 Jul www.ecjudocadet2016.fi
- Tikkurila Festival, 22-23 Jul, the best of Finnish pop&rock-music www.tikkurilafestivaali.fi
- BRQ Vantaa Festival, 7-14 Aug, baroque music www.brq.fi
Further information: www.visitvantaa.fi
Vantaa features in the Helsinki & Southern Finland daytrips brochure.