Weekend in Saint Petersburg
Enjoy the beauty of the old Russian capital without visa within 72 hours!
Saint Petersburg is a Russian architectural pearl at Baltic Sea, a museum under the open sky on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The former Russian capital has a rich source of inspiration and travel ideas: hundreds of museums with Hermitage at the top, exquisite royal palaces in Peterhof and Tsarskoye Selo, vast parks, opera & ballet first nights, classical & jazz music festivals combined with tranquil boat trips along rivers and canals and breathtaking views from a bird’s eye. What an adventure would it be to feel and see what a white night is and to observe the fronts of a variety of architectural styles of the previous epochs reflected and multiplied by the water surface!
Visitors arriving to Saint Petersburg by sea in a tourist group may remain in Saint Petersburg within 72 hours without visa.
Top 5 events in 2016:
- New Year and Christmas celebration, 18 December – 10 January. Christmas market, street festive decoration, concerts and special exhibitions in museums
- Opera for Everyone Festival, 12-23 July. Opera concerts performed by the leading artists of St. Petersburg on the central squares of the city and in the suburbs in the open air
- Fountain shows in Peterhof, May-September. Daily fountain shows at the Lower Park of Peterhof, official opening ceremony at 21 May, official closing ceremony at 12 September
- Harley Days, 11-14 August. Major Harley-Davidson event with a bike parade
- International Marine Festival, August. Staged sea battles, yachts sailing and a concert
BY AIR: daily flights from Vantaa to Pulkovo. Flight duration – 1h10min
BY TRAIN: daily Allegro trains from Helsinki’s Central Railway Station to Finlyandsky Railway Station in Saint Petersburg. Travel duration – 3h36min.
BY CAR: along E18 motorway.
BY BUS: several daily buses from Kamppi bus station.
BY FERRY: overnight ferries from Lansterminaali (West Terminal) by St PETER LINE arriving to Morskoy vokzal in Saint Petersburg
Visit Saint Peterburg is a partner of Visit Helsinki.